Wednesday 4 March 2009

Inspiring Milan : Galleria Luisa Delle Piane

dellepiane1

Over the past few weeks,I have been in and out of Milan working on a project,with my friend Carin, she and her son Milo (who is also my godson) live there, so I get some great addresses that tourists would never find. This wonderful gallery is somewhat over shadowed by the better known Spazio Rosana Orlandi but in my opinion is every bit as good. The currant exhibit has a stitch work theme, and there are some fab pieces like the yarn covered chair and the crochet light bulb covers for the classic Castiglioni Taraxacum 88 Lamp. The choice of pieces and colours is bold and eclectic . The subtle sophistication of the Gallery is accentuated by the strange walk through the streets of Milans' china town to get there .

dellepiane6

dellepiane3

dellepiane4

Next time you're in Milan make sure you pay a visit : Via G Giusti, 24, 20154, Milano,

No comments:

Post a Comment