Tuesday 20 April 2010

Setting The Scene

studioset3

So, one of the fantastic things about having a huge space is that it allows you to indulge every decorating whim at the drop of a hat. But, of course, that can be a dangerous thing too.

Suddenly there are no limits to the amount of objects you can justify purchasing - nothing is too big, too awkward or too eccentric to fit into a space like this - no collection is too quirky or overwhelming. Now I know how Augustus Gloop must have felt when he walked through the doors of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

studioset1

It's all good fun until you get sucked into the river of chocolate. Or in my case, shop like there's no tomorrow and end up living in a junk shop. So I'm trying to practice being moderate.

studioset2

Still - while I try my best - I can't resist playing around with a few areas and creating some little sets just for fun.

studioset4

Just keep an eye on this blog, and if in a few years time you can no longer see the studio for the weird objects - then leave a comment with the words 'Augustus Gloop' in it, and I'll check into some sort of rehab.



No comments:

Post a Comment